|JOB # 66||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman|
We’re assisting our client – a NASDAQ-listed reinsurance company – with their search for a Financial Analyst to join their Reinsurance Accounting team in Grand Cayman.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the reinsurance accounting and reporting system and become proficient in generating system reports for end users.
- Supervise and support the client services team on any issues raised with processing of cession reporting and cash remittances due from/to cedants & brokers.
- Provide regular feedback and performance reviews to client services team members ensuring performance metrics and SLA targets are being delivered on.
- Perform monthly and quarterly cession and bordereaux analytics and review data for accuracy.
- Review key accounting controls and procedures in the client reporting process.
- Assist in quarterly reinsurance accounting close cycle, ensuring all deliverables are completed accurately and within strict deadlines.
- Assist with the monitoring and review of client contractual events.
- Assist with certain aspects of SEC reporting documents Solvency II and other regulatory/audit requirements.
- Be a project lead in developing improvements across client reporting operations.
- Assist various senior finance members as required.
- A qualified accountant (e.g., CPA, CA, ACCA), preferably with Top 10 accounting firm experience with at least 2 years PQE;
- Knowledge of insurance accounting, interpreting cession statements and understanding insurance concepts and terminology would be advantageous;
- Good written and interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and solve problems;
- Knowledge of SICS reinsurance system and/or SAP Business Objects would be an asset;
- The availability and dedication to meet deadlines is essential.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Approachable and professional in manner with all levels of staff within the organization.
As part of the finance team in our SEC listed company, some overtime will be necessary to meet deadlines. This may include working some weekends or public holidays during the quarter-close process.
Salary will be in the range of US$90,000 to US$100,000 per annum with bonus potential and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Premium benefits and relocation assistance (if necessary) provided.
To apply for this job email your CV/Resume to [email protected]