|JOB # 218||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
The Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Finance Manager with the day-to-day financial obligations, such as providing guidance, data, and analysis (including the annual budgets, long-range plan, and monthly forecast) and the preparation of monthly financial statements.
The successful incumbent will assist with the preparation of financials, whether related to financial close, internal or external reporting, or analysis for key stakeholders. The Accountant will deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expenses during the budget, forecast and close processes, and will support all areas of the firm’s accounting functions in relation to financial control (general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management).
In collaboration with the Global Finance Team, the Accountant will develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (i.e., CA, ACCA, CPA)
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience within a similar role experience
- Work independently with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong technical skills and a thorough knowledge of operational, accounting and financial systems, principles and theory.
- Past experiences include financial close cycles, accruals, reserves, prepaid and other closing entry preparation and postings.
- Strong project management skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expert with Microsoft Office applications including advanced MS Excel skills.