|Job Location||Grand Cayman|
|Date Posted||February 01, 2019|
|Salary||$56,800 - $76,800|
Learning & Development Specialist
Reporting to the Manager Human Resources & Employee Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing guidance and leadership in identifying training and development needs through consultation with managers, and to ensure statutory and safety training requirements are met. This individual will ensure the effective capture and reporting of all training related data as well as provide recommendations on trends, areas of focus and solutions.
Key Job Functions include:
– Implementing strategies and programs that support employee learning and development, and ensuring all statutory and safety training requirements are met;
– Providing guidance in identifying, training and development needs for all employees. Ensure the Skill Gap analysis are carried out for each role/employee and identify/recommend ways to close any gaps;
– Identifying, developing and delivering training programs, awareness sessions, and presentations;
– Monitoring annual training budgets and department training plans to ensure progress on a monthly basis;
– Ensuring the capture and reporting of all training data (particularly occupational health and safety) including electronically in the Learning Management System software;
– Using data and analytics to measure the impact of learning programs and solutions;
Applicants must possess:
– A Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Human Resource Development, Occupational Health & Safety or related field is required along with a minimum of 5 years experience in training and development; OR an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience in a related discipline and a commitment to achieve a relevant qualification in order to ensure excellence in the design and delivery of learning and development initiatives.
– Certification as a Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP) or similar certification is desirable;
– Extensive knowledge and experience in developing and implementing L&D policies, strategies, and programs;
– Exceptional communication skills and able to build a strong rapport with management and staff at all levels, in order to coordinate, implement, and ensure training meets expectations;
– Ability to create and maintain accurate and professional written training records and resources;
– Knowledge of designing, building, or sourcing training to meet learning objectives;
– Awareness of (or willingness to learn) electricity industry and safety standards would be beneficial.
To apply for this job email your CV/Resume to Imogen@affinity.ky