|JOB # 144||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for analyzing performance of IT systems, and resolving technical issues/incidents including recognition of affected service areas, resolution research, and implementation. They should be able to effectively utilize the implemented ITSM processes and tools to provide excellent customer service to our internal customers.
- Provide technical assistance and support to computer system users. Answer questions and/or resolve computer related issues and problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote locations.
- Install and perform repairs to IT hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Assess and prioritize daily ticket workload aligning with ITIL best practice and in accordance with established SLAs.
- Be familiar with and troubleshoot meeting room and A/V issues.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
- Adhere to established processes including but not limited to; Asset, Incident, Request, Knowledge and Problem management.
- Read technical manuals, confer with clients, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Confer with staff, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software, as well as management of training tools or websites.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Monitor and utilize device management tools for optimal client functionality.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Conduct office improvement studies, including workflow analysis, space design, and cost comparison analysis for hardwaresoftware.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer related discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an IT performance analysis and end-user support role.
- Technical certification: At minimum any 2 of; A+, M365 Fundamentals, MTA: Windows OS Fundamentals, M365 Certified MDAA or equivalent required.
- Expert Knowledge of current PC and Mobile operating systems.
- In-depth and current knowledge of computer programs and hardware including current versions of MS Office and database systems.
- Basic knowledge of current computer network technologies including local area network and wide area network.
- Basic knowledge of current Windows server operating systems.
- Experience working with MDM technologies, and MS SCCM a plus.
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred.