|JOB # 159||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
The purpose of this role is to provide oversight into regulatory and statutory compliance for the business. You will offer technical advice, undertake risk assessments, develop policies, and devise procedures to ensure the Group is compliant with all relevant laws, regulations, and licensing requirements.
- Provide compliance guidance to the Group and help the business understand the legislation applicable to the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Monitor new and proposed changes in the standards, legislation, and notifications from regulators and update internal policies and procedures accordingly.
- Establish measures to manage data usage in compliance with the GDPR, including developing templates for data collection, assisting with data mapping, and reviewing contracts.
- Identify and assess compliance risks, devise strategies for mitigating potentially adverse compliance and regulatory actions and share detailed risk reports.
- Liaise with senior management and other internal teams worldwide to ensure an aligned holistic compliance framework.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and industry standards organizations as required.
- Develop and lead the implementation of strategy for monitoring compliance, audits, reviews, and action plans.
- Develop the annual compliance work plan and periodically revise it to ensure it efficiently follows new developments in regulatory requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a compliance role.
- Good understanding of AML, GDPR, and other relevant legislation in the jurisdiction. Knowledge of corporate law would be beneficial.
- Experience in dealing with regulatory bodies in the Cayman Islands.
- Solid understanding of legal requirements and controls
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.