|JOB # 76||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
This is an opportunity for an experienced Senior Associate to join a highly regarded Corporate, Finance & Funds team.
You will be a confident and skilled lawyer who is adept at delivering advice to a wide range of corporate and commercial clients.
The successful candidate will also take an active role in the business development and marketing of the department, and support and participate generally in the continued growth of the firm.
- Advise clients competently and confidently on the technical aspects of a wide range of corporate and commercial matters including , banking & finance, and funds;
- Draft and implement instructions with accuracy;
- Be assertive and creative when developing or finding solutions to problems and methods of working;
- Add value through innovative ideas and approaches and provide solutions which are pragmatic;
- Be proactive and commercial in managing clients’ requirements and expectations;
- Able to manage complex cross-jurisdictional transactions and teams;
- Able to adapt working style to team approach as well as independent matter management;
- Effectively monitor WIP and billings against cost estimates and agreed budgets and billing arrangements;
- Contribute to the development of Know How and precedents when drafting documents.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, to help retain and attract more clients and work into the business. Actively contribute to the development of clients and contacts for the whole firm. Recognise and exploit cross-selling opportunities;
- Clearly understand the firm’s strategy and look for ways that the department can work with other groups to further develop opportunities. Participate effectively as a member of the team involved in winning business;
- Play an active role in the firm’s CSR initiatives and encourage others to get involved;
- Actively promote the firm’s public profile.
Training, Supervision and Development:
- Support the team in the management and training of Trainee Solicitors and Paralegals;
- Demonstrate effective supervision and guidance to Trainee Solicitors and Paralegals to develop the skills of the team, delegate and appropriately manage and monitor their work, providing guidance when required;
- Help create a participative and productive work environment;
- Respect and encourage the contribution of Trainee Solicitors, Paralegals and support staff. Motivate such colleagues through recognition, praise and mentoring;
- Participate in the firm’s internal and external training programmes;
- Constantly look for ways to develop own skills and knowledge.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise:
- Qualified lawyer (solicitor or barrister, qualified in a common law jurisdiction) with strong academics, including a 2:1 or equivalent at undergraduate level.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience post qualification in banking, finance and general corporate law.
- Broad commercial/corporate background, sound legal technical skills and excellent drafting skills.
To apply for this job email your CV/Resume to [email protected]