|JOB # 112||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing accounting, reporting, and analytical support for the Company’s real estate portfolio.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly financial statements, working papers, and notes for various real estate assets;
- Job cost accounting, including payroll allocations to projects, analyzing inventory valuations, and cashflow projection analysis;
- Maintenance of the lifecycle of projects from job setup, changes in the phases, and job close;
- Develop, prepare, and automate financial, analytical, and operational reports in a variety of software products including Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate, SSRS, Crystal Reports, and Excel;
- Analytical review of the asset operations and internal departments from a balance sheet, income statements, and cashflow perspective;
- Work with departments to improve upon and ensure accessibility, consistency, and accuracy of financial and operational data;
- Train and develop junior staff;
- Enhance the workflow of the department by identifying, creating, and actively developing and implementing policies and procedures to resolve and document issues;
- Collaborate with Executive Management, Department Head(s), and other Department Managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests to facilitate overall company and departmental objectives;
- Support budgeting and forecasting activities for various entities and departments;
- Identify areas of system weakness and recommend realistic solutions;
- Become familiar with applicable documents.
- BA/BSc in Accounting or equivalent;
- CPA, CA, or equivalent designation from an internationally-recognized institution;
- A minimum of 5 years’ accounting experience, including 2 years with real estate accounting;
- Experience with data extraction, analysis, SQL, ODBC, Power BI, and financial report design preferred;
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel;
- Experience with Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate is preferred;
- Operate at a high level of confidentiality, honesty, and integrity at all times;
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills; including the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization;
- Ability to multi-task, accurately work under pressure, meet and establish required deadline, prioritize, and work with multiple liaisons;
- Support and participate in departmental cross-training.