|JOB # 131||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
The HR & Operations Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company HR and Operations policies and practices. The HR manager will serve as a link between the organization’s management and its employees.
- Enhance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintain a salary structure plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; recommending, planning and implement pay structure revisions.
- Implement employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Enforce management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the management and approval of weekly payroll.
- Maintains employee records and files. Ensure updated job requirements and job descriptions for all positions are executed, accepted, documented, and filed.
- Ensure all staff have contracts in place and performance reviews are carried out periodically.
- Manage the vacation schedule for all employees and Saturday rotation where necessary.
- Responsible for the recruitment process beginning to end. Recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Preparing job descriptions, advertising and on boarding of all new staff.
- Review all incoming job applications, resumes, and manage NWDA advertising and applications. Preparation of all work permit applications and renewals.
- Complete human resource operational requirements by scheduling admin employees for rotational schedules, and assigning employees for company campaigns that require additional help. Follow up and record on work results during these times.
- Maintain management of company property provided to employees;
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends.
- Analyze and improve organizational process and workflow, employee and space requirements, and equipment layout; implement changes.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings and memos.
- Minimum of five years in a HR role with at least two years at management level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or Business Administration and/or related professional certification(s) is preferred.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication, organizational, training and negotiating skills and ability to effectively interact with clients and employees from senior management to the front-line.
- Strong background and success in developing talent, succession planning, leadership training, operations etc.
- Creativity in building new process and communication strategy for recruitment and retention of employees.
- Strong knowledge base in Employment and Labour law, Immigration (Transition) Law, Pension and Health Insurance Law.
- Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain confidentially is essential.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with colleagues is essential.
In return, salary will be in the range of US$75,000.00 and US$95,000.00 pa. commensurate with experience and qualifications, and will include a full range of premium benefits.