|JOB # 49||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
Boutique, full-service investment management group with companies in Bermuda and Cayman are looking for a Financial Controller to execute the accounting for both jurisdictions.
The business have a very small operation locally so the successful candidate should be comfortable working in such an environment, with the ability to take the initiative and work with colleagues and management overseas.
- Establish and maintain reporting and accounting procedures for the various holding and operating companies.
- Develop and administer the Group’s accounting principles, practices and procedures for the maintenance of its fiscal records and preparation of its financial reports both internal and external.
- Develop and maintain management reporting to evaluate operating results relative to budget, past trends and other metrics.
- Manage the audit and regulatory reporting activities.
- Perform executive level duties involving a complex financial and managerial accounting and budgeting systems.
- Operate consistently on a cost-effective basis within the Group’s framework of policies, objectives and budgets, which the Financial Controller will establish.
- Perform Treasury activities for all bank accounts including daily cash monitoring and payments, as well as maintain operational and regulatory liquidity requirements.
- Manage, document and monitor internal finance controls and processes to ensure compliance and provide recommendations for enhancement.
- Generate periodic assessments of current and potential risks, detailing the financial and non-financial impact to the business.
- Report progress to the Management Committee and various boards.
- An internationally recognized accounting designation (e.g. CPA/CA/CMA/ACCA or equivalent) with at least five years demonstrable experience in a similar role, preferably in the financial service industry.
- Knowledge of the accounting treatment for all types of financial instruments.
- Demonstrable experience in managing regulatory relationships within the financial services sector.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and the ability to interface with Senior Management and Board of Directors.
- Track record demonstrating excellent management, communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Strong work ethic, maturity and the ability and commitment to meet tight deadlines to achieve the company’s short-term and long-term goals.
To apply for this job email your CV/Resume to [email protected]