|JOB # 167||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
We’re working with our multinational client to assist in their search for a Compliance Officer who will take responsibility on a regional level.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the Company is compliant to all provisions of the pertinent laws and regulations specific to the jurisdictions within which the company operates.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development of the company’s legal, governance and risk management function, framework and culture, providing expertise, guidance and support to staff and Board members.
- Oversee the administration of the Compliance functions of the Company and provide information, operations and administrative support to the CEO and Parent Company in this area.
- Assist in organizing AML/CFT training.
- Assist in the improvement of the internal controls of Company ensuring a robust governance structure.
- Act as the Company’s designated AMLCO and execute the AML responsibilities in conformity with the relevant legislation.
- Main relationship manager with all regulators and serve as liaison between the company and regulatory agencies, legal counsel and other relevant parties concerning compliance issues.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed. Identify compliance issues that require follow up or investigations as required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in Compliance.
- A recognized qualification in Compliance and/or Risk (ACAMS, ICA).
- In-depth knowledge of the AML Regulations and reporting requirements in the Cayman Islands. Additional knowledge of other regional regulatory requirements is preferable.
- Expertise in writing and editing policies and procedures manuals pertinent to compliance.
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Laws.
Total remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and will include a full range of premium benefits.