|JOB # 24||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
This role forms part of the Global Client Onboarding Unit. In this role, the successful candidate will report to the Client Onboarding Manager and work closely with the MLRO in the Cayman Office. The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive and confidential CDD service to the firm in the Cayman Islands, but may also support the wider Global take on team as required.
- Identifying the CDD requirements for new and existing clients in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations of the Cayman Islands, internal guidance, policies, processes and procedures;
- Communicating with internal teams and external clients to ensure CDD collection is undertaken promptly; following up as necessary to manage outstanding CDD;
- Remediation of existing CDD where required;
- Carrying out regular reviews of CDD in line with internal guidance and agreed policies and procedures;
- Proactively respond to queries from teams and clients as part of the CDD service;
- Provision of regular data to the CDD Take on Team Manager as required.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working in an Anti-Money Laundering and/or Client Due Diligence environment. Ideally hold an AML certificate or similar relevant qualification;
- A good understanding of regulatory requirements affecting law firms and trust company business in the Cayman Islands;
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Proven ability to use SharePoint & ViewPoint is a must;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good analytical and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritize work load and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to make decisions and use own initiative within the scope of regulatory requirements, policies and procedures, and required processes;
- Responsive and client focused with strong organisational skills and attention to detail. Ability to deal with tasks independently and use own initiative, as well as work with a team;
- Must be committed and driven to achieving excellence for themselves, their clients and their team.
In return, salary will be in the range of US$55,000 to US$70,000 as well as a full range of premium benefits, including premium health care and 20 days’ annual leave.
To apply for this job email your CV/Resume to [email protected]