|JOB # 153||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
The purpose of this role will be to provide managerial support to the regional client onboarding teams, overseeing the onboarding of new clients, and ensuring the business remains compliant with regulatory obligations whilst taking a pragmatic and commercial risk-based approach.
- Line management responsibilities for the Cayman and BVI based teams, circa 4 individuals, including providing sound leadership support and technical support as needed;
- Focus on the team and its development through strong people management;
- Lead, motivate and mentor team members;
- Ensure that team members manage their time, effort and resources in order to optimize effectiveness and efficiency;
- Lead and manage key regulatory projects as needed and lead implementation projects for new technology solutions;
- Liaise with other operational teams in respect of issues affecting the output of the Client Onboarding team;
- Act as a point of escalation and resolve complex issues related to the on-boarding process;
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to meet regulatory compliance obligations efficiently and effectively for enhanced client experience;
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of controls and improve them continuously;
- Revise procedures and reports periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues; and
- Lead the delivery of an effective risk and compliance framework through the set and use of data to support behavioral change and to drive improvements.
- A Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the legal, compliance or regulatory sector with an exemplary record of performance;
- An ICA, CAMS, AML or equivalent professional qualification;
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of leading and motivating individuals;
- Proven operational and process improvement experience;
- Relevant experience in the AML/CDD on-boarding sector and client service delivery;
- Practical and commercial approach to problem solving;
- Experience of influencing behaviours at all levels of the organization.