|JOB # 134||LOCATION George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
Our multinational client is in the market for an Accounting & Pension Technician to join the business and assist the Financial Controller to efficiently meet tight deadlines.
This role is a temporary contract for 6-months and will require the individual to commence employment in August.
- Complete general ledger postings for entities on a timely basis;
- Assist with expense budgeting, cash forecasting and planning for entities with supporting commentaries;
- Compile expense analysis by cost center and improve accounts payable processes; adhere to timely set up of payments and general ledger postings;
- Manage cash disbursement and reconciliation function through recording and processing;
- Assist in the reconciliation of intercompany balances and transactions;
- Work closely with the Compliance team to ensure reports needed for Compliance regulatory filings are prepared and submitted on a timely basis;
- Assist in the development and implementation of control procedures and documentation to better support results; ensure consistent application of accounting policies and practices;
- Manage administrative duties including but not limited to filing and scanning on a timely basis;
- Participate in any other task assigned as required by the Financial Controller or Senior Management.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly pension management accounts, year-end GAAP financial statements and other related reporting in accordance with prescribed deadlines;
- Process pension fees and distribute invoices and statements to clients;
- Provide administrative services to Pension Plan clients; preparation of supporting documentation for client requests as directed;
- Liaise with external pension administrators to confirm clients’ withdrawals eligibility as per Pension Commission requirements;
- Participate in and coordinate client meetings;
- Manage administrative duties including but not limited to filing and scanning on a timely basis.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or accounting;
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting or an Accounting Technician certificate if not;
- A minimum 3 years’ continuous experience in General Ledger;
- Strong IT skills required: network systems and conversions; operating software including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Great Plains);
- Detailed knowledge of the accounting treatment for all types of financial instruments;
- Track record demonstrating excellent management, communication, and interpersonal skills, such as being able to advise unsophisticated investors in the management of their pension plan;
- Strong work ethic, maturity and the ability and commitment to meet tight deadlines so as to achieve the firm’s short term and long-term goals.
Salary will be competitive commensurate with experience and qualifications, and will include a full range of premium benefits.